Saturday, June 7, 2014

Love Bird Card for Father's Day

I love making homemade cards, and this is one of my favorites that I learned back in the day when I ran a day care.  If you can get your little one to sit still long enough, you can turn their tiny hand prints into love birds!  


This card will get tucked away in a special place and for years to come Juniper's daddy can look back and marvel at how tiny her hands once were.

I used high contrast black and white for this card, but you could get really playful with it and turn the hand prints into little chickens in a colorful world...or a family of birds in the grass using all your children's hands...or even smooching birds for Valentine's Day!

I had a heck of a time getting Juniper's hand in place for a photo so Sophie stepped in to show you how it's done.  It's easy!  Just trace the hand and fill in the bottom wrist part with a curved line.  I prefer to trace both hands separately versus copying one because each hand has its own character.  I cut Junie's hand prints out of white card stock and used black and white chalk pencils for the eyes and legs.  The heart is cut out of tinfoil that I scrunched up and smoothed out again.


For the inside of the card, I manipulated a photo using PicMonkey, a process which I describe in this Accordion Picture Card post.  I found the idea for the lettering after googling the terms "fun Father's Day font."  I did mine freehand, which is why it's a little crooked (which is fine for us, because we are little crooked) but you could use a ruler to make it neater.  And don't forget to include the year in there somewhere, or on the back of the card!  You think you'll remember every detail forever, but you won't.  There are just too many beautiful moments to keep it all straight!  That's why we love documenting them in special ways.

Happy Father's Day Steve! And Happy Father's Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...